Updated June 29, 2020.
- Your right to be informed.
- Your right of access.
- Your right to rectification.
- Your right to erasure.
- Your right to restrict processing.
- Your right to data portability.
- Your right to object.
- Your rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Information We Collect
A. Information Related to Your Interaction with Tiledesk and the Products and communicating the Products.
Registration and Contact Information. We collect information about you when you (a) register to use the Services and (b) otherwise provide contact information to us via email, mail, or through our Products. This information you provide may include your username, first and last name, email address, mailing address or phone number.
Payment Information. When you purchase the Services, we will also collect transaction information, which may include your credit card information, billing and mailing address, and other payment-related information (“Payment Information”). We describe how Payment Information may be collected and processed the section below entitled Payment Information.
Third Party Platform Information We may collect information when you interact with our advertisements and other content on third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. This may include information such as “Likes”, profile information gathered from social networking sites or the fact that you viewed or interacted with our content.
Legal Basis. Our Legitimate Interest. Tiledesk products work together to help sales, marketing, and support teams better communicate with customers. In order to engage visitors and leads we have a legitimate interest to collect relevant data and send messages based on this information. We consider your privacy and data protection rights when we pursue our legitimate interests and ensure that the way our Products work don’t impact on those rights. For website visitors Tiledesk will store this data for 9 months, for sales and marketing leads Tiledesk will store this data until the individual opts out or where they have not engaged with Tiledesk in 24 months.
B. Customer Data.
You may submit various types of information and data into the Services for hosting and processing purposes (“Customer Data”). Customer Data may include, without limitation, (a) billing information, personal information such as names, email addresses, phone numbers, location and photos of your end user customers, potential customers and other users of and visitors to your websites, apps and other properties (e.g. Teammates’ details, which information may be input into the Services by you or collected by the Services using Tiledesk tags, scripts and other code implemented on such properties, and (b) information contained in communications between you and People using the messaging features of the Services.
We will only use, disclose and otherwise process Customer Data for the purposes set forth in your agreement with us for the provisioning of the Services (“Terms and Conditions”).
Legal Basis. We process and store Customer Data to perform our Customer Agreement with you. Without this information, we wouldn’t be able to provide our Products to you. We also process Customer Data to pursue our legitimate interests by ensuring the smooth running of your Customer Agreement and to help your sales, marketing, and support teams better communicate with your customers. We consider your privacy and data protection rights when we pursue our legitimate interests and ensure that the way Products work don’t impact on those rights. Tiledesk will store this data until the individual opts out or until when we are legally bound to keep your data stored by laws.
Sources of Information We Collect:
From You. You are the primary source of the personal information we collect, including the Registration and Contact Information, Payment Information, and Customer Data that you provide us through the Products or otherwise.
From other sources. We obtain personal information from other sources, such as:
- Other users, who submit Customer Data of other People to us.
- Third Party Platforms, such as our advertising partners and content on third-party sites or platforms, including social networks.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use your information in the following ways:
- To provide, maintain and improve the Products and our other products and services, including to operate certain features and functionality of the Products (for example, by remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during this or subsequent visits);
- To process your inquiries and otherwise deliver customer service;
- To process your payments, we share and use Payment Information as described in the section below entitled Payment Information;
- To control unauthorized use or abuse of the Products and our other products and services, or otherwise detect, investigate or prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- To analyze trends, administer or optimize the Products, monitor usage or traffic patterns (including to track users’ movements around the Products) and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
- To communicate directly with you, including by sending you newsletters, promotions and special offers or information about new products and services. Your opt-out options for promotional communications are described the section below entitled Your Controls and Choices; and
Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We do not share or transfer your personal information to third parties except in the following limited circumstances:
- We may share your personal information with our parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates;
- We may share your personal information with third-party service providers to permit such parties to provide services that help us with our business activities, which may include assisting us with marketing, advertising our product/service offerings, or providing, maintaining and improving the features and functionality of the Product, among other things. For example, we may provide personal information to our service providers for direct emailing of our newsletters or notifications of our product/service offerings. The data shared can include name, job title, email address, message history, company information. All third parties are engaged under contract and obliged to meet appropriate security requirements and comply with all applicable legislation;
- We may allow third party companies to collect information about your activity on the Products and other online services to facilitate delivery of interest-based ads, and/or use hashed customer lists that we shared with them to deliver ads to our customers and similar users on their platforms.
- We may share your personal information when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce a Customer Agreement, including investigation of potential violations thereof, or (c) protect against imminent harm to our rights, property or safety, or that of our users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- We may share your personal information with third parties (including our service providers and government entities) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security or technical issues;
- We may share your personal information with our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, for example when running a cross-promotion;
- We may share your Payment Information to process your payments, as further described in the section below entitled Payment Information;
- We may share and/or transfer your personal information if we become involved in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets; and
- We may share your personal information with a third party if we have your consent to do so.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties for other purposes. Such information does not identify you individually, but may include usage, viewing and technical information such as the types of Products our customers and users generally use, the configuration of their computers, and performance metrics related to the use of Products which we collected through our technology. If we are required under applicable law to treat such information as personal information, then we will only disclose it as described above. Otherwise we may disclose such information for any reason.
We sometimes provide your personal data to other companies and certain service providers who perform certain business operations on our behalf. This includes:
Amazon Web Services, Inc.
Mailgun Technologies, Inc.
Google Ireland Limited.
Other Access to or Disclosure of Your Information
The Websites contain features that enable you to post reviews, comments or other content that is publicly viewable. You should be aware that any personal information you submit as part of those posts can be read, collected, or used by other visitors to the Websites, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to publicly post on the Websites.
Your Rights and Choices
Opt-Outs. We may provide you with the opportunity to “opt-out” of having your personal information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. If you decide to opt-out, we may not be able to provide certain features of the Products to you.
Communication Preferences. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included on such communications or on the Products. Please note, however, that you may be unable to opt-out of certain service-related communications.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Your Web browser may have a “do not track” setting which, when enabled, causes your browser to send a do not track HTTP header file or “signal” to each site you visit. At present, the Products do not respond to this type of signal.
Data Subject Rights. You can access, rectify, erase, restrict or export your personal information at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. You can object to our processing of your personal information at any time.
Data portability. In compliance with GDPR, in exercising his or her right to data portability pursuant, where technically feasible, we’ll do our best to allow the data subject to exercise the right to have his personal data downloaded in a portable format to allow him to move data directly from one controller to another.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In compliance with GDPR, Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, every data subject shall have the right to lodge[a][b] a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of his or her habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if the data subject considers that the processing of personal data relating to him or her infringes this Regulation.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information (intercom)
When you use our Products, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information upon your request and either provide you the means to correct this information if it is inaccurate or to delete such information at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your information at any time. To do so, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed, or if you are using the Service, sign in to your account, go to your profile, and make the desired changes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), jeopardize the privacy of others, would be extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Please note that if you cease using the Service or we terminate your access to the Service in accordance with your Terms and Conditions, you may no longer have the ability to access or update your information.
We may retain your information as necessary to support the Products, comply with our legal obligations or resolve disputes. Note that content you post may remain on the Products even if you cease using the Products or we terminate your access to the Products.
No Children Under Age 16
The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain a variety of appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Further, we have implemented reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect personal information about you. When you enter sensitive information (such as your password), we encrypt that information in transit using industry-standard Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technology. No method of transmission over the Internet, method of electronic storage or other security methods are one hundred percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Personal data location
All our data is stored on servers located in EEA member countries.
International Transfer of Data; EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield